Last modified: October 27, 2015
We value the trust that you place in us by sharing your personal information with us. Haglöfs takes your privacy seriously and is committed to handle your personal information in a way that is fair and worthy of that trust. Haglöfs will comply with applicable data protection laws and take all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse and keep it secure.
What data do we collect?
The types of personal information we collect may include:
• your name, address and contact details, such as your telephone number and e-mail address
• your age and date of birth
• your gender
• your purchase details, such as the amount and date of your purchase
• your bank account number
• any other relevant personal information which you have shared with us, such as your preferences and interests, clothing or shoe sizes.
We use this information to the extent this is reasonably necessary to address your request (e.g. you subscribe to a service or enter your data to receive the service).
How we collect personal data
Haglöfs may obtain your personal information in a number of ways, for example when you create an account or when you subscribe to a newsletter.
We also may obtain your personal data from one of our partners. For example when you register for the service of such partner and you agree that they share your data with Haglöfs. If you do not want us to use such personal information, you can let us know by contacting us at the address listed below.
How we collect and use non-personal information
Please note that when you visit one of our websites, we automatically collect certain non-personal information such as the type of computer operating system (e.g., Windows or Mac OS) and browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer) being used, your internet service provider, or, when appropriate, the address of the page that led you to visiting our website. We use the non-personal information that we collect to improve the design and content of the websites.
What we do with your personal information
Haglöfs obtains and uses your personal information for the following purposes:
• to provide our services to you and to communicate with you in connection with these services
• to register you for and in connection with our events and membership programs, such as clubs and clinics
• to activate and maintain your Haglöfs account
• to register you for and send you newsletters
• to – based on your preferences and interests – suggest and provide you information about products or services (including those of relevant third parties)
• to conduct research and help us develop better products, services and offerings, to provide more responsive customer service and to improve our websites
• to process your enquiries received via our websites
• any other purpose indicated at the time you voluntarily provide your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations
Haglöfs may from time to time use your personal information to send you automated email messages or marketing materials regarding our products and services and the products or services of third party suppliers, in each case with your prior consent or when you are an existing customer and it concerns similar products or services. These email messages may contain features that help us ensure that you received the message and were able to open the message.
You may opt out of receiving such marketing email messages at any time, free of charge by following the instructions in any marketing communication. You can also control these parameters in your profile settings.
Disclosing your personal information
As a general rule, we do not share your personal information with anyone outside Haglöfs. However, we may share your personal information with trusted third parties that perform business functions (e.g. hosting of our websites, analyzing data or performing audits) or provide services on our behalf (e.g. support services). All such third parties will be required to adequately safeguard your personal information and only process it in accordance with our instructions.
We may also disclose your personal information if disclosure is required by law.
(INTERNATIONAL) TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Haglöfs may transfer and process any personal data you provide to us to countries outside the European Economic Area whose laws may not afford the same level of protection to your personal data. Haglöfs will therefore ensure that all adequate safeguards are in place and that all applicable laws and regulations are complied with in connection with such transfer.
Cookies and tracking software
Our websites contain links to third-party websites; if you follow these links, you will exit our websites. While these third-party websites were selected with care, Haglöfs cannot accept liability for the use of your data by these organizations. For more information, please consult the privacy statement of the website you are visiting (if such a statement is provided).
Security and retention period
Haglöfs will ensure that your data are properly secured, so that they are protected against unauthorized use, unauthorized access and wrongful destruction. Your data will be retained for as long as required for the above purposes or in so far as such is necessary for compliance with statutory obligations and for solving any disputes.
Changes to the Policy
If you have any questions regarding this policy, or you wish to update your details or remove your personal data from our records, please inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org.