Fell Running, Cyclocross
Rob lives in Staveley in the Lake District, and is a mighty fine fell running and cycling athlete. Robs list of achievements is as long as his legs. Some of his most notable results are
• British Fell Running Champion 2003 &2007
• World Sky running Champion 2005
• English Fell Running Champion 2006 & 2008
• 8 time champion of the Three Peaks Cyclocross Race (7 back to back wins)
• Multiple fastest time on the Fred Whitton Cycle Sportive
Rob has been running since the age of 9 for Bingley Harriers, and has never strayed too far from the top spot, racing all over the world from Mt Kinabalu to Fort William.
Most recently Rob was 2nd in the British Champs race in Northern Ireland, then the next day was the fastest over a very windy Fred Whitton ride. He followed that up with 3rd place in the Old County Tops race on a last minute entry, and then headed to Jura for the Paps of Jura fell race, winning it for a 3rd time.
Rob works for BT 4 days a week, using his day off to train hard for upcoming races, and to look after his 2 children. A tough set of things to juggle, and still be one of the fastest men on 2 legs running and biking over the hills.